About the winery
More than a hundred years ago, in 1911, Evagelos Kechris was one of the first to offer wines in bottles imported from the USA. Kehri family owned a traditional tavern named “Kokoras”(rooster) in the older neighbourhoods of Thessaloniki where wine enthusiasts would come often for a glass of fine wine. It was the time of popular retsina and sundried wines. Later in 1954 the winery took its more established form and received its commercial name “Kechri Bros”. With exports making their debut in the European markets in 1972, the winery launched the traditional liquers “Doriki” for the first time in Greece in 1984. It is at this time that current owner Stelios Kechris comes into the picture. With studies in chemistry at the University of Thessaloniki, Greece and Oenology at the University of Dijon, France he brought a fresh new approach both in the vineyard and the winemaking process. The wines of Kechris winery are really exceptional and deserve a place in your cellar.