About the winery
The Gofas family tradition is lost in time with generations of wine producers being involved in wine making in the family privately owned vineyards. In 1958 the vineyards in the Koutsi and Daphne areas were brought to life and the first wine press is acquired. In 1998 Constantine Gofas, young aspiring wine maker at the time takes over and creates a fully equipped modern winery, seperates the vineyards, plants new varieties and brings in some international ones in order to create premium blends. Today the vineyards cover an area of 80 acres. They are located in the Buzzard, Simarkou and Zennes Paliohori areas each having different characteristics in terms of soil and microclimate and offering a variety of expressions that enrich and empower the wines of the winery. 25% of current production is exported.